Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Napping: a worthy decision?

I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with naps.

A nap can entice you with it's tired eyes, comfy bed, and cool sheets. But it always seems to turn on you once you've dragged yourself out of the day-coma. Before taking a nap, I assess the situation: would I end up more tired than before? Can I afford a one hour post-nap recovery? Did I just eat a meal? because if I did, I'll feel really gross when I wake up. So today, I assessed my situation and went through with a nap. My head hit the pillow and instantly, I was out. And, as always, the alarm that sounded one hour later was pushed to the limits. I ended up sleeping a lot longer than expected and feel gross to boot. So was it worth it? I'm still not sure. This relationship could use more communication.

3 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I have discovered that about 20 minutes is my "perfect" naptime - I fall asleep but don't fall into a coma. Do I always get up at the 20 minute mark? Uh...This relationship definitely needs more communication.

Rachel Anne said...

I wonder if you just "rested your eyes for a few minutes" if you would feel better??

Being a napper myself, I can relate. Boy it feels good, but then there's the nap hangover...You made me laugh with this post!

Rachel Anne said...

I tagged you for a meme. Read my blog and then join in!